Lifeline is a government program designed to increase the availability of telephone services to low-income subscribers by providing a credit for monthly telephone service to eligible consumers. Newphone Wireless provides a FREE Smartphone, FREE Monthly Minutes and Unlimited FREE Texts with no contracts or bills, every month!
NewPhone Lifeline service is free to qualified consumers. Additional voice minutes, data, and international calling are available for an additional fee.
Visit here and enter your zip code to check if service is available in your area. Offers vary by state.
NewPhone Wireless customers receive:
- FREE Smartphone
- 1 GB FREE Data Each Month
- 1000 FREE Minutes Each Month
- Unlimited FREE Texts Each Month
- Nationwide Calling
- FREE Voicemail Account, Call Waiting and Caller ID
- FREE 911
- 411 Directory Assistance 911 & 411 calls
- FREE Domestic Roaming
- Text & Picture Messaging
NewPhone Wireless is a federal Lifeline Assistance program. Lifeline Assistance is a government benefit program supported by the federal Universal Service Fund for which you must qualify. The Lifeline Assistance program is available for only one wire line or wireless account per household.
Only eligible individuals may enroll in the Lifeline program. Lifeline service is limited to only one wireless or landline Lifeline benefit per household. You also cannot receive Lifeline benefits from multiple service providers.
You qualify for Lifeline Service in your area if you already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran's Pension and Survivors Pension Program
- Eligibility Programs for Residents of Federally-Recognized Tribal Lands: Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA), Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TATNF), Headstart (meeting income qualifying standards) (Tribal).
Your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
Number Persons in Household Annual Income:
48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories
For each additional person, add
You will first need to check if NewPhone Wireless is providing Lifeline service in your area by clicking
here and entering your zip code. If Lifeline service is available in your state,
submit an application online.
Once your Lifeline benefit is transferred to NewPhone Wireless, you will no longer receive a Lifeline benefit from your current carrier since you can only get one Lifeline benefit per household. By applying to NewPhone Wireless service, you are consenting to this Lifeline benefit transfer.
- Apply online here.
- Call Customer Care at 1-(855)-204-3667.
- Speak to a representative in your neighborhood. The representative will help you apply. Along with proof of eligibility, you will be required to provide proof of address and identity to qualify for a free NewPhone Wireless phone. Once the representative receives confirmation that you are approved for Lifeline service, you will be provided with a free phone. The representative will help you activate it.
Yes, if you are approved, you can even keep your current phone number. Here’s how:
Once you receive your NewPhone Wireless phone, you can contact Customer Care at 1-(855)-204-3667 and a representative will help you keep your current number. Just call from a different phone and have your account number and password.