LAW ENFORCEMENT REQUEST GUIDELINES
NewPhone Wireless assists law enforcement agencies in their investigations while protecting subscriber privacy as required by law and applicable privacy policies. The main federal statutes that NewPhone Wireless must conform to when releasing subscriber information are: The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2522, 2701-2712, 3121-3127); Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (47 U.S.C. §§ 1001-1010); and the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (particularly, 47 U.S.C. § 222 pertaining to customer proprietary network information or CPNI). NewPhone Wireless also complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
NewPhone Wireless reserves the right to add, change, or delete any information in this guideline at any time and without notice. Furthermore, NewPhone Wireless reserves the right to respond or object to, or seek clarification of, any legal requests and treat legal requests for subscriber information.
1. Submit a Legal Request
Please submit your request to NewPhone Wireless’s Subpoena Compliance Department through one of the following methods:
By Mail or in Person:
Attn: Subpoena Compliance Department
9920 Brooklet Drive
Houston, TX 77099
2. Requirement for submitting a Legal Request
For NewPhone Wireless to process your request it must meet the following conditions:
- Include valid and enforceable formal legal process (e.g., a subpoena, court order, or search warrant) that compels NewPhone Wireless to produce the information requested.
- Contain the law enforcement agency or government representative who is authorized to serve the request and contact information:
• Agent’s Name and Title/Position
• Work-authorized email address
• Phone number
- State with particularity the categories of records or information sought;
- Include sufficient information regarding the customer account, such as a phone number or account identifier, for NewPhone Wireless to identify the customer account(s) at issue; and
- Indicate the specific time period for which information is requested.
Response deadline should be stated clearly in both the submission documentation and the formal request itself.
3. Response Time
NewPhone Wireless’s primary goal is to provide timely and accurate responses to all law enforcement and governmental agency requests. Unless otherwise required by the request, NewPhone Wireless’s goal is to provide a response within five (10) business days of each request.